Welcome to our first meal prep post! To kick-off what we hope to be a monthly tradition, we’re creating some holiday-themed dishes. Think easy recipes with red and green ingredients that add a pop of festive color to match the season. Check out our video below to see the ingredients in action and scroll down for the full recipe.
Cheddar Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
4 ounces softened cream cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar
2 diced green peppers
½ cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 or 5 medium-sized Portobello caps
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Carefully cut off the stem of the mushrooms and scoop out the insides if required. Don’t scoop out around the edges to avoid breaking the mushroom.
- Arrange the Portobello mushroom caps on a greased baking pan.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, cheddar, peppers, tomatoes, and cilantro. Spoon the filling into the Portobello caps, filling each cap.
- Drizzle the stuffed mushrooms with olive oil. Bake, uncovered, 15 to 20 minutes in the oven.
Cranberry Roasted Brussels Sprouts
2 pounds Brussel sprouts
¼ cup olive oil
Salt & pepper
6 tablespoons butter
1 cup cranberries
½ cup sugar (Healthier Alternative: Natural or Artificial Sweetener, such as Splenda® or Honey)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking pan with foil and spread the Brussels sprouts over the pan.
- Drizzle the sprouts with oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and toss to evenly coat.
- Roast in the oven 15 to 20 minutes until tender and browned.
- After the Brussels sprouts are cooked, melt butter in a saucepan. Heat the butter until golden, about 5 to 7 minutes. Stir intermittently.
- Simultaneously combine the sugar and cranberries in a different saucepan. Cook until the sugar melts but the cranberries are still intact.
- When butter is fully melted drizzle it over the Brussels sprouts. Add the cooked cranberries and toss to combine.
When these dishes are finished split them evenly between microwave-safe containers and store in the fridge until ready to eat. Enjoy this delicious holiday-themed meal prep for lunch at work or as an easy dinner!
Written and Published by Jessica – Writer at HMS Mfg. Co. for the Stola™ brand
Copyright © 2018 by HMS Mfg. Co. All Rights Reserved.