National Siblings Day is April 10th and while you’re feeling thankful for your siblings and all the memories you’ve shared together, we’ve been thinking up ways to celebrate. Family is important to Stola, especially since we’re a family owned business that’s been around for more than 30 years.
As you know from our origin story, Stola is a brand under HMS Mfg. Co. and we have a sister (sibling!) company. These two companies are both family-owned and led by three siblings, including our company’s president, Janet Sofy. So, for National Siblings Day were giving you the opportunity to get to know our family owned business.
Family Owned & Proud
Stola is sold directly to you through our awesome website, but many of our other product lines are for sale in big retailer stores. Just because you’re buying from a retailer doesn’t mean you’re not supporting a family owned business. You can look for our laundry line, Home Logic®, in many of these big retailer stores, as well as some of our other brand lines.
Our team blends consumer research and consumer insight to create the best products for all kinds of families. So, whether you’re a college student, you live alone, you have a growing family, a nuclear family, or an even bigger family, we design products with you in mind. We’re a family owned business that helps families stay on top of their busy lives.
HMS Mfg. Co. was founded in 1987 by three siblings: two sisters and one brother. This leadership team has continued to manage the company for over 30 years.
HMS Mfg. Co. started out primarily selling seasonal decorations for Christmas and Halloween then slowly diversified into housewares, which drive our sales today. Maintaining family values is a core principal of HMS. Not only are we a family owned business, we put family first.
I mentioned above that maintaining family values is a core principal of HMS. Known as our “Core Values,” we have six core principals in total. Here we explain each value more in-depth:
- Be Passionate: View your work as more than just an assignment. Take pride in what you do and invest in the outcome of projects.
- Be Honest: This one’s pretty straight forward. After all, honesty is the best policy.
- Work with Humility: Basically, stay humble. Don’t let your pride get in the way of improving the company and fixing mistakes.
- Never Lose the Student Within: Here at HMS we’re always learning new things. We even have personal employee goals to learn new skills every year.
- Maintain Family Values: We’re a family owned business who knows that family comes first and understands the work/life balance.
- Embrace Differences: This should be a core value at every company. Never underestimate the importance of another perspective.
Support Family Owned Businesses
We design products with you in mind, so I’m glad you’re learning a little bit more about us and HMS. All it takes is a little research to learn about the origin of your products, so thanks for supporting family owned businesses like us.
Written and Published by Jessica – Writer at HMS Mfg. Co. for the Stola™ brand
Copyright © 2019 by HMS Mfg. Co. All Rights Reserved