No-Guilt Keto Pizza Recipe: Enjoy Your Diet
National Pizza Day was February 9th and if you had to miss out to stick to your diet (Good Job!), we’ve got you covered. For this meal prep post, we’ve created a keto pizza recipe to give you a no-guilt way to enjoy this foodie favorite.
Some of our favorite toppings are included in the recipe, but there’s also a list of keto friendly ingredients so you can substitute your favorite pizza toppings. You can make this pizza on a Sunday or Monday, so you have your lunch meal prep for the week ready to go.
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
¼ cup coconut flour
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tomatoes, peeled
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon rosemary
½ tablespoon Italian seasoning
2 garlic cloves, peeled
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Make the crust by mixing the cheese, flour, oregano, and garlic powder in a large mixing bowl.
- Heat the mixture in the microwave on high for one and a half minutes, stirring the mixture at the 45 second mark.
- Remove from the microwave, add the eggs and mix lightly.
- Place the dough on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Place another parchment sheet on top of the dough and roll the dough out into a circular shape with a rolling pin.
- Poke holes in the crust with a fork before baking. Cook crust in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until light brown.
- While crust is cooking, make the pizza sauce. Dip tomatoes into boiling water for 60 seconds, then dip in cold water and slip off the tomato skins. Cut off tomato stem and core.
- Combine all the sauce ingredients into a blender and puree until smooth.
- After the crust has cooked remove from the oven and let cool approximately two minutes.
- Spread the pizza sauce evenly over the crust, leaving about ¼ inch of crust.
- Sprinkle desired amount of mozzarella cheese on top of the sauce, then add desired amount of pepperoni, bacon, and mushrooms (or whatever toppings you choose). Make sure the meat is pre-cooked.
- Put the pizza back in the oven and bake for about 5 more minutes, making sure the cheese is melted before removing the pizza from the oven.
- Let cool for a few minutes before slicing with a pizza cutter.
Additional Keto Toppings:
Meat: Ham (off the bone), Sausage, Chicken, Ground Beef
Cheese: Cheddar, Goat Cheese, Blue Cheese, Parmesan, Brie
Veggies: Onion, Bell Pepper, Broccoli, Olives, Chives, Sun-dried Tomato, Avocado
Herbs: Italian Seasoning, Thyme, Basil, Oregano, Rosemary
Written and Published by Jessica – Writer at HMS Mfg. Co. for the Stola™ brand
Copyright © 2019 by HMS Mfg. Co. All Rights Reserved
Leave a comment