With St. Patrick’s Day coming up on Sunday the Stola team thought it would be appropriate to do an Irish recipe for this month’s meal prep video. We’ll be cooking a classic Irish dish in this video: Corned Beef and Cabbage.
Whenever I make this recipe there’s always a ton left over, so it should be easy to make enough to use as your meal prep this week. Maybe not as healthy as some of our other recipes, but we can cheat a little this week in the spirit of St. Patrick’s Day.
This signature Irish dish is made in a slow cooker, so if you have plans on Sunday, you can just throw all the ingredients in before you leave, and it’ll be done within a few hours. This recipe cooks the corned beef on high, but if you’ll be gone all day, you can cook it on low in the slow cooker for 8-10 hours.
This is the perfect easy meal prep to complete during your busy St. Patrick’s weekend. I’ll be in Chicago all weekend, so being able to do a slow cooker meal when I get back Sunday night would be great. I can just let it cook during the night and have a tasty lunch all prepared in the morning.
1 medium white onion, julienned
½ pound red skin potatoes, halved
8 oz. baby carrots
2-pounds corned beef brisket, with spice pack
Salt & pepper
3 cups beef broth
4 peeled garlic cloves, halved
1 green cabbage, cut into wedges
- Add onions, potatoes, and carrots into your slow cooker.
- Place the corned beef on top and season evenly with salt, pepper, and the spice packet.
- Pour the beef broth over the meat and veggies, making sure it doesn’t cover the meat completely.
- Add the garlic.
- Cook on high in the slow cooker for about 4 hours, until the meat is tender.
- After four hours, add the cabbage to the slow cooker, submerging it under the beef broth.
- Continue cooking on high for another 45 minutes to an hour (cook for two hours if on low).
- When everything is done, slice it up and split into different servings for your meal prep.
Written and Published by Jessica – Writer at HMS Mfg. Co. for the Stola™ brand
Copyright © 2019 by HMS Mfg. Co. All Rights Reserved